The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the OEM Sales Account Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A solid background in selling technical products and solutions, including:
- Experience in automation and/or motion control and a knowledge of controls and networking in the industrial market.
- The technical aptitude to learn the solutions that are new to you in a reasonable period of time.
- Experience collaborating with distributors, solution partners, and system integrators.
- A track record of success in developing new business through a consultative, solution oriented approach.
- Proven strong relationship building skills, including experience developing relationships at the executive level.
- A demonstrated ability to develop new business opportunities in a team-based sales process.
- The ability to discuss / present technical solutions to solve customer needs.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- A valid driver's license in good standing.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, ideally in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of the Ohio industrial market is a strong plus.
The RoleReporting to the OEM Sales Manager, you will join a nationwide team of Account Managers and assume entrepreneurial ownership of a portfolio of 25-30 OEM accounts in Ohio.
You will focus on specific verticals and emphasize particular Siemens solutions. Your portfolio will include OEM manufacturers of production and processing equipment in automotive, aerospace, food & beverage, oil & gas, batteries and material handling.
Similarly, you'll develop expertise in selling products and solutions such as factory automation and control, coordinated motion control, drives and networking. You'll be able to offer the full array of Siemens products, services and solutions. An overriding goal for all accounts is to establish relationships, and developing an account strategy for conversion leveraging all available resources and tools.
About 40% of your portfolio are already customers, and you'll manage those accounts and pursue strategies to grow them. The remaining 60% are "development" accounts not yet doing business with Siemens, and you'll target them for conversion.
This is not a "lone wolf" role. You'll partner with vertical marketing teams, local industrial sales reps, technical resources, application engineers and others to grow the business.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and execute business plans to grow automation, motion control, and control product, and Networking business at assigned accounts.
- Target and convert defined OEM accounts.
- Achieve business and Sales objectives at OEM accounts where you will sell the broad portfolio of Siemens products.
- Present and demonstrate Siemens technologies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Siemens DF and PD marketing teams and field resources.
- Collaborate with Industrial Sales Area Management, VSS resources, and other end user focused resources to drive a push-pull strategy.
- Resolve and overcome issues to maximize business opportunities.
- Report progress against goals and track opportunity pipeline development.
- CRM is an important element of this position providing transparency for driving growth.
What's in It for YouAutonomy and ownership
We'll look to you to view this portfolio as your own business and manage it with an entrepreneur's initiative and drive. While you'll have support (see the next point), you will take point on developing your sales strategy, establishing priorities, setting your schedule and more. And that drive will pay off, as you can see below under Motivating compensation.
Just as smart CEOs surround themselves with talented people, you'll have a great team on hand to support you. The OEM Sales Manager will act as a coach and facilitator, helping you get to know the various players. We've already mentioned (under The Role) the various teams with which you'll partner, comprising both commercial and technical resources. In addition, we collaborate with Siemens partners in Canada, Germany, Mexico and other international locations, to help you develop solutions with OEMs that have global footprints
We offer a generous base salary and sales commission paid quarterly, but we don't stop there. Because you'll work with longer sales cycles, we'll reward you for achieving key non-revenue objectives, such as building brand awareness, bringing technical resources into your sales process and more. If you accomplish these objectives, you can earn up to 7% of your base salary. If those actions lead directly to revenue events, you could earn up to 14% of your salary.
Even with your strong background in industrial sales, there will be new technologies and solutions to learn. In addition, you'll work with executives, engineers and others in diverse industries. Internally you'll share ideas and insights with talented professionals in sales, marketing and technology. Many Account Managers find engaging challenges and opportunities in this role for years, but you also might leverage your success in this position to pursue other career paths within our global organization.
Strong value propositions
You'll go to market with strong differentiators, including leading-edge solutions -- Siemens invests more than $1 billion annually in R&D in the U.S. alone. You'll also offer integrated, turnkey solutions from a broad portfolio. Our international footprint is another selling point -- you may have to educate prospects that, even as they act locally, they should think globally. We'll look to you to focus on value rather than undercutting competitors' prices, but we're able to be commercially competitive with other leading providers.
We offer a comprehensive slate of benefits, including a company car and the tools you'll need to succeed. Our package includes medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(k) plan with company match; a financial planning program; share match purchase plans; training and education/tuition assistance; and more.
Keys to SuccessYour technical savvy will be valuable, but even more important will be relationship-building skills. You'll need to position yourself as a trusted consultant who can help customers and distributors solve problems and achieve goals. That will require you to get to know their business in order to identify the compelling events that will open the door for our solutions. This role is about gathering intel, ensuring Siemens solutions will exceed customer expectations, and inserting yourself into the mix so that you are ready when an opportunity arises.
In just about all cases you should plan on developing relationships at multiple levels, approaching each prospect through several entry points. That means you'll need to be as comfortable talking with a technician in a panel shop as you are sitting down across the table from a CFO.
Autonomy, ownership and a high potential territory represent a great opportunity, but they also require a professional who is disciplined, resourceful and driven to succeed, and a self-starter. Pivotal to your success will be your ability to leverage the resources at your disposal. We'll help you get up to speed, but after that it will be up to you to ask for help. On the most successful sales you will act as quarterback, leading teammates in various areas to the win. You'll also need to take advantage of your strong relationships with distributors.
About UsIngenuity for Life
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
At Siemens U.S., we are the team working to find answers to the most challenging questions of our time. We strive to create the sustainable systems and solutions that allow businesses to thrive, cities to grow and people to live longer, healthier lives. As part of a global organization of 360,000 employees operating in 190 countries, we are one of the top engineering and integrated technologies companies in the world.
In order to pursue business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in Divisions. This role will be part of the Building Technologies Division, the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. We have business units for Building Automation, Control Products and Systems, and Fire Safety and Security.
For more information, please visit our website, but don't forget to come back to this page to apply.
Video: As an integrated technology company, Siemens offers a wide range of future-oriented solutions to the biggest questions of our time. This video provides a short overview of Siemens solutions in the different business areas.